Developing a web application isn’t easy and time consuming. You spend a lot of hours thinking about software design, security problems and of course how to improve end user’s usability. 'Why not lowering the barrier for installing
(trying out) your software
- using common windows installer technology.
project is in maintenance mode! - for a more up do date approach check out the
Microsoft web deployment tool
This project will enable you to build a Windows Installer package for your Web Application within
- by only utilizing open source software.
The following technologies are supported:
See the steps - one by one:
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005 and 2008)
- MySQL Server
You will be able to create a MSI
that is cabable of:
Lazy? Wan't to download something? Go
FZI - these are packages the FZI has created an tested.
- Creating a new website
- Adding a virtual directory to an existing website
- Creating an application pool and setting up a website/folder as ASP.NET 2 application
- Creating a new Microsoft SQL Database, Logins and Users
- Configuring your web application (e.g. web.config) and setting values collected in wizard mode
- A lot of user guidance, messages and validations
Projects using the WAI template
Don't believe it can be done in 30 minutes? - check it out!
web application installer - V2